Join us for our August Business Connection Lunch Event, to connect with businesses from around the region and across different industries as we discuss the challenges and solutions for businesses on one the hot topics of the moment: People, Employment, and the Job Skills Gap.
Member and guest’s welcome.
Our Business Networking Events provide members and guests with opportunities to connect and build relationships to expand your contact base, help increase sales and referrals and assist in developing partnerships with other businesses.
What to expect:
• Plenty of networking and connecting time.
• Opportunities to promote and raise the profile of your brand and business through our Member In Focus and event Sponsorships and Prize Draws.
• Hear from our great Guest Speakers on topics that increase your business skills and provide you with access to business advice and support.
• Opportunity to influence and amplify your voice, through our Q&A’s, surveys, and Live polls.
• Fun and genuine relationship development with fellow business owners in your community.
Join us at this event and become an active part of the Sydney Hills Business community.
Event Restrictions, Cancellations and Personal Responsibilities
NOTE: Please respect our venue and fellow businesses. Non-compliance with any of these restrictions and personal responsibilities will lead to you being asked to leave the event and no refund will be forthcoming.
1) Please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to event commencing so we can get all attendees into the event on time
2) Please follow the NSW Health Guidelines in place on the event date on Social Distancing and wearing of face masks.
You can find more information about the most current rules at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules
If for any reason on the lead up to the Event you:
- feel unwell and are going to be tested for COVID
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- have been requested to, or are self-isolating for any reason by NSW Health Department Public Health Directive
Please inform us prior to the event start time.
Our Event Cancellations Policy has been updated as of 11th May 2022.
• Cancellations must be advised via email by at least 4 business days prior to the event/workshop. The Chamber is required to confirm numbers of guests by this deadline, to the venues and several other suppliers who assist us in running events/workshops.
• A refund will not be considered for no-shows or cancellations within this period.
• If you are unable to attend an event due to having to isolate for medical reasons at the time of the event the Chamber will provide you with a credit to the value of 50% of the ticket price paid by you, which you can use towards attending a similar event in the future. However, you must advise the Chamber support team via email, prior the event commencement time, of your inability to attend for these reasons, otherwise you will be considered as a 'no-show'.
• A substitution may be made prior to the event/workshop should the registered individual not be available to attend.
What happens if this event is moved On Line after I’ve bought a ticket?
• During COVID the Chamber stayed flexible and successfully pivoted our regular networking events to online format during the lockdown periods.
• Should venue restrictions require us to move this event from in-person to online format, all tickets will automatically be moved to the online event and you will be sent advice of the change together with links to the online event.
• Our online format events provide the same value to attendees and are almost the same format as in-person (e.g. Lots of breakout rooms and networking time, guest speakers etc).
• Food and beverage service is not included in our online event format, therefore where we adjust the ticket pricing for this event to allow for that cost difference, we will issue a credit to you for the difference between the original ticket price paid and the new ticket price automatically.