You're smart enough to know that for your business to grow, you need to be making connections, engaging with the local community and building a brand.
- This doesn't mean you have to be highly extraverted or hard-sell.
- We teach and support our Members to build genuine, long-term, mutually beneficial business and personal relationships with people they know, like and trust.
- This workshop will provide you with clear insights into how we do things here, as well as practical skills and strategies designed to help you make the most of the time you're investing.
- You will learn how to
- Set a clear intention for the events you are attending, that will optimise your success
- Overcome your shyness, so that you can be interested rather than interesting
- Answer the "So, what do you do?" question in your own words, in a way that is comfortable, clear, concise and compelling not salesy
- Set the foundations for a strong reputation, though communication that adds value to others
- You will leave with clarity as to what next steps you need to take, as well as some great connections with your Engagement Officer and each other, that will support you in the months to come.
- Your Facilitator is a valued Support Partner of the Chamber, chosen specifically for their experience in business as well as expertise in training and facilitation.
Key Details For The Workshop
As we discussed on the phone this will be a "Face To Face" workshop
Please arrive by no later than 3.45pm and go directly to the training room so that we can commence at 4pm sharp.
The workshop will be held at the Findex Offices on Level 4 in the Atlas Building, 2-8 Brookhollow Ave, Norwest
Parking is difficult around this area so please allow an additional 15 minutes to find parking, you can try to parking on the top car parking level near Virgin Active or otherwise there is some street parking however there may be a short walk if you need to park in nearby streets.
Event Restrictions, Cancellations and Personal Responsibilities
NOTE: Please respect our venue and fellow businesses. Non-compliance with any of these restrictions and personal responsibilities will lead to you being asked to leave the event and no refund will be forthcoming.
1) Please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to event commencing so we can get all attendees into the event on time
2) Please follow the NSW Health Guidelines in place on the event date on Social Distancing and wearing of face masks.
You can find more information about the most current rules at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules
If for any reason on the lead up to the Event you:
- feel unwell and are going to be tested for COVID
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- have been requested to, or are self-isolating for any reason by NSW Health Department Public Health Directive
Please inform us prior to the event start time.
Our Event Cancellations Policy.
? Cancellations must be advised via email by at least 4 business days prior to the event/workshop. The Chamber is required to confirm numbers of guests by this deadline, to the venues and several other suppliers who assist us in running events/workshops.
? A refund will not be considered for no-shows or cancellations within this period.
? If you are unable to attend an event due to having to isolate for medical reasons at the time of the event the Chamber will provide you with a credit to the value of 50% of the ticket price paid by you, which you can use towards attending a similar event in the future. However, you must advise the Chamber support team via email, prior the event commencement time, of your inability to attend for these reasons, otherwise you will be considered as a 'no-show'.
? A substitution may be made prior to the event/workshop should the registered individual not be available to attend.
Beyond the above common sense approach to everyone's safety, this workshop will be a wonderful way to build new connections with other new members and pick up first hand insight as to how the chamber is facilitating connections in this Virtual World we all operate in for the most part.